Who wants to know ?

There is a church just across the road , within one mile of us there are at least four other churches - and  a National Shrine, for goodness sake, bustling;  there's also several convents of nuns.  


 A community of priests , what, half a street  away. Come to think of it, there's a priest who lives just behind us, over the garden wall there.


We've got  Crosses  on every corner  and today you will be able to hear scared music from our back garden.


This Easter, not one Christian in this holy  place  has reached out to Linda. The  neighbours say hello to me, but no one asks about Linda. As far as the Churches here go, the National Shrine, the convents, the priests,this profoundly sick, disabled, woman in total agony , is not on their radar.


I am out of my mind worried about Linda ; I have not been well myself recently. It's a struggle.


Easter ;  the greatest "feast" day of the Christian Church. Across the road, over the fields ,  bells will be rung, candles lit, you won't be able to park anywhere ; today's  a giant hallelujah.


The  pain-wracked woman, my wife, will fight to get through this day, as she does every day. With dwindling resources, I am with her.


As I sip my coffee, this early morning, I wonder can I hear  Christ's parched voice  ? Is he asking, like me, how did it all go so wrong ?



Popular posts from this blog

The misrepresentation of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis in nursing.

Why ME must be removed from the JCPMH Report : Guidance for Commissioners of Services for People with Medically Unexplained Symptoms

Why the separation of ME from CFS is long overdue