I cannot wash the ME away

No matter how many tears I cry
I cannot wash the ME away
No matter how much I shout
I cannot get over the barrier between my world and yours
No matter how much I try to move
The paralysis will not shift till it is ready
No matter how much I strive
I cannot make my energy materialise from nothing
No matter how many positive thoughts I think
It will not heal my physical dysfunction
No matter how hard I try to pace myself
I cannot stop my health deteriorating afterwards
No matter how much I long to be well
It does not make it so.
No matter how ill I am
I will not get better without proper medical investigation, tests and treatment.

Popular posts from this blog

The misrepresentation of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis in nursing.

Why ME must be removed from the JCPMH Report : Guidance for Commissioners of Services for People with Medically Unexplained Symptoms

Why the separation of ME from CFS is long overdue