Oh river

One aspect of being a carer in our situation is being a fighter : advocating, raising awareness- especially of the disease ME that is in enormous danger of being completely buried under an avalanche of CFS that will take decades to sort out, if ever.

The other, maybe more important aspect is courage, especially the extraordinary courage it takes to be creative, to discover and express one's deepest real raging, tender, crazy, joyful, mysterious, wonderful self, to rise above all constraints, whether in a song, a poem, a painting or the sight of a tree, a daisy maybe, in a cracked wall, wet in the rain, alive, innocent in all its glory, the wind in your face.

My journey has led me to create Stonebird, at the same time I have always written songs, stories; I have a children’s book I long to finish. I have neglected the garden and our overgrown allotment. I need to get digging, so my imagination can run free, above all I need to do this, to be much more present to Linda, the centre and the meaning of my life.

I am getting older- digging does not come so easy ! There is more of an urgency now to complete things, for new adventures and discoveries; the river awaits.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis