You do not have ME !

It's those who get in touch and say look, if only your wife would drop her resistance to psychiatric therapy, or if only you would open your mind to the Lightening Process, don't you know you are keeping her unwell by your hostility , that Linda would get well : it's those who  best express the travesty of Chronic Fatigue .

My wife is so painfully ill on every conceivable level, her agony is so overwhelming, yet the likes of her have been absolutely ignored by the medical profession , while those who dare to write the sort of emails I receive, those who are so quick to condemn what they could not possibly understand, for they do not have ME, these are the ones being helped . These are the ones millions of pounds are being spent on (in the name of ME): and even then the evidence that CBT and GET actually works, even on them ,  is overwhelmingly inconclusive.

Meantime, I ignore them. It's only when one of their condemning emails  slips through and Linda reads it; then I am filled with a rage so profound that I don't know what to do.

When I calm down,  I find it spurs me on  . Such a profound evil .

Comments

  1. It is such a profound evil that I have pondered this situation:- When dictators case wanton damage and suffering, without regard for their victims there comes a time when other countries decide they have the right to end that persons life. eg. Saddam, Hitler, others.

    When I read the events of the last 25 years I believe the "arch defender" of CBT and GET in UK has repeatedly shown a brutal disregard for people's suffering. When will someone take this into their own hands?

    That's my rage. In behalf of the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with this post. I am a sufferer myself and have just read your incredible description of severe ME. I do not have it that severely, but so much of it rings many bells with me.
    It saddens me that there are people out there who are willing to extort from and scam people who are suffering, with crap like the Lightning Process which works purely on a positive attitude when that is not what this is about. If they really cared about people they wouldn't take advantage of vulnerable people, let alone charge the fees they do to do so. There are so many "treatments" out there but what if you waste money you don't have on them and they don't even work? We really are neglected by the medical service and it makes me so angry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis