I cannot protect her !

She is still badly affected by the BANG, BANG, BANG, THUD, of laying paving stones, last week, next door; they may as well have come into her bedroom and laid into her with fists and boots.


I mean badly affected; in a monstrous  place, her body quivering with multiple symptoms; the agony in each breath,  that I cannot reach.


The abomination that is "sound-sensitivity" in Severe ME makes me raise my head and scream inside .


Okay,  in an hour or so, builders will start work, next door, digging up a concrete path, a few yards away from Linda's bed, with a pneumatic drill.


They might  as well be popping in  to give her a good bashing about the head. She's too ill - did I mention that - to get up and get out , she's too ill to be here , without severe consequences.


Long after the concrete has dried, her body will still be shaking from this and the pain will be howling . 


I wish we still had our dog here , to help us . For there's only me now, facing this morning with dread, my wife far too ill for me to be able to help.


I cannot tell you what a torture this is.




















Comments

  1. Hi - noise cancelling headphones might be worth investigating as an emergency measure. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Linda sensitive to vinyl? I don't know of any noise cancellation headphones that don't have vinyl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis