A Poem of Lamentation, August 8 th

 


Dwelling on the death of several friends who have died recently and in particular one who we loved especially dear, “lament” seems a fitting word to describe the words that I wrote for our friend Kara’s passing:


Your pain, is my pain, is our pain

Your suffering, is my suffering, is our suffering 

Your grief, is my grief, is our grief 

Your loss is forever my loss, is forever our loss. 

Our tears will flow

Till the oceans are full and still they will weep.

This is the amount of honour due to you

To recognise all that you were,

all that you have been,

all that you will ever be to us.

Our tears cannot be assuaged

Your loveliness still echoes here.

Your love remains

And burns in our hearts,

Forever more than a memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

The psychiatric abuse of Children with ME